Welcome to Dominion Road School. We are a decile three contributing school with a roll of just over 340 students. Dominion Road School is set on high grounds with a vista that overlooks Mt Roskill, Mt Eden and towards the Sky Tower.
In 2012 we celebrated our 75th Jubilee. Over 150 guests joined our staff, students and school community to mark our very proud history.
The original school block is still in use (although renovated more than once in it’s 75 year history). Over the past two years extensive renovation work has taken place throughout the school, and we will continue to upgrade our buildings and facilities over the next few years.
We have a stunning hall
, solar heated pool, sufficient field space and an amazing eco-trail. We are currently host to two Sunnydene School Satellite classes.
We provide our students with:
- A progressive learning environment which provides opportunities for all our students to reach their educational potential
- Emphasis on the development of Literacy and Numeracy in the crucial Early Years
- Regular access to the Global Community
- Student Leadership Programmes
- Sporting Opportunities
- Specialised English Classes
- Out of School Care: both before and after school
- Swimming Pool.
Our Special Assets
- Smaller class sizes
- Very well qualified and experienced teaching staff
- Huge playing fields and open spaces
- Peer mediation programmes
- Multi-media programmes
- An exciting library
Dominion Road School is a leader in providing excellent education programmes for Year 1-6 students (ages 5 years to 10 years old).
We particularly focus on the development of Literacy, Numeracy and Information Communication Technology. We are committed to providing a safe, happy learning environment where each child is supported and encouraged to reach his or her academic learning potential.
We also focus strongly on helping to nurture skills and values including independence, initiative and integrity so students are well prepared for their future.